You are here
This book is customizable for courses with annual enrollments of 100 students or more.
This manual is appropriate for courses populated primarily by allied health students or for courses where an abbreviated number of experiments is preferred. This new edition has been carefully revised to provide increased clarity, better organization, and improvements to its already unsurpassed photography and artwork. These features combine to make Microbiology: Laboratory Theory & Application the best-selling microbiology lab manual series on the market.
About this Product
- This manual contains 85 exercises geared towards allied health and nonmajors students, including:
- A wide sampling of selective media and differential tests
- Select exercises covering areas of applied microbiology.
- Theory and Application provide students with the general principles and everyday purpose of the labs.
- In This Exercise clearly explains what students can expect as they work through the Lab Procedures.
- Biochemical reactions for the organism and indicator reactions of the test depict the reactions taking place in the lab.
- Materials, Medium Recipes, and Procedures give students step-by-step instructions for conducting the labs. Biosafety levels are also included so that students are aware of the safety precautions necessary for each lab.
- Tables of results help students organize and interpret results.
- Data sheets provide students room to record their data and answer critical thinking questions.
- High-quality, full-color photographs, micrographs, and illustrations ensure that students have color-accurate visual representations of what they will see in the lab.
- Photographs and procedural diagrams outline the steps necessary to correctly complete the lab.
- Photographs with directional arrows help ensure students use proper technique.
- Clearly written, informative captions help ensure students use proper technique in the lab.
Instructor Resources Available: Login to view Instructor Resources
- An online Instructor's Manual contains tips for the instrcutor and answers to all of the exercises.
- All of the images from the lab manual are provided electronically. Images are presented at digital display resolution (150 dpi), intended for use in PowerPoint presentations.
What's New in this Edition
New to this edition of Microbiology: Laboratory Theory & Application, Brief, 3e
- Exercises are appropriate for both majors and nonmajors courses and have been selected to provide exposure to lab experiences from all areas of microbiology.
- This version features more than 300 full-color, high-quality, color-accurate photographs, micrographs, and illustrations.
- Where possible, biosafety level (BSL) 2 organisms have been replaced with equivalent BSL-1 organisms.
- Data sheets are incorporated into the experiments for ease of use.
- The lab manual emphasizes the content and inclusion of skills as advised by the American Society for Microbiology in their Laboratory Core Curriculum.