This full-color atlas is intended as a visual reference to supplement laboratory manuals or instructor-authored exercises for introductory microbiology laboratory courses. The atlas can be used alone but also has been designed to be used in conjunction with Exercises for the Microbiology Laboratory, 4e, by Leboffe & Pierce, with images keyed to specific exercises.
A Photographic Atlas for the Microbiology Laboratory, 4e is part of our CustomLab program. For more information on customizing this book contact our CustomLab Editor.
• A new art program designed to increase student understanding of important concepts
• A new "Introduction" chapter provides context and background information for the new microbiology student
• Re-organized content to reflect the "process" a working microbiologist would follow to identify an unknown organism
• Three new chapters covering the three domains: Bacteria, Archaea, and Eukarya
• New photographs, re-scanned and or re-imaged photos and new photomicrographs that match more closely what students are likely to observe in the laboratory
• A complete redesign that should allow the student to better access the material