You are here
This book is customizable for courses with annual enrollments of 100 students or more.
Over two previous editions, Exploring Anatomy & Physiology in the Laboratory (EAPL) has become one of the best-selling A&P lab manuals on the market. Its unique, straightforward, practical, activity-based approach to the study of anatomy and physiology in the laboratory has proven to be an effective approach for students nationwide.
This comprehensive, beautifully illustrated, and affordably priced manual is appropriate for a two-semester anatomy and physiology laboratory course. Through focused activities and by eliminating redundant exposition and artwork found in most primary textbooks, this manual complements the lecture material and serves as an efficient and effective tool for learning in the lab.
This title can also be bundled with Cat or Pig dissection pages from the Van De Graaff's Photographic Atlas for the Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory, 9e for an additonal $5.00.
About this Product
- Objectives: Each unit begins with a set of learning goals to prepare students for what they are expected to know after completing the lab.
- Pre-Lab Exercises: PLEs encourage students to actively prepare for the lab by defining key terms, using labeling and coloring exercises to learn anatomical structures, and reviewing vital material from previous units, saving you from having to spend excessive time reviewing material from the lecture.
- Model Inventories: Many lab manuals do not offer specific lists of structures that the students are to identify. Instead, those lab manuals scatter the anatomical structures throughout the unit, making it difficult for both the student and instructor. Exploring Anatomy & Physiology in the Laboratory features organized and easily referenced lists of anatomical structures that students are responsible for identifying.
- Illustrations and Photography: Many lab manuals simply reproduce artwork and exposition from the related textbook. Every figure in Exploring Anatomy & Physiology in the Laboratory, 3e was specifically designed to improve student understanding of important lab concepts and procedures.
- Focused Activities: "Focused Activity" describes the guiding philosophy of this lab manual. Students learn best when they are actively involved in the laboratory. Exploring Anatomy & Physiology in the Laboratory incorporates features designed for students to learn and retain the information. The manual asks students to be active by describing, labeling, writing, coloring, and drawing.
- Tracing Exercises: Our tracing exercises ask students to write step-by-step, "turn-by-turn" directions tracing a substance (blood cells, food molecules, waste by-products, etc.) through the body and to trace the substance on a "map" of the human body. These exercises allow students to see the "big picture" of how the body systems interact. They also allow students to understand the relationship between structure and function.
- Hints & Tips: Hints & Tips appear throughout the book to help students navigate some of the more difficult topics in A&P.
- Check Your Recall/Check Your Understanding: Chapter-ending quizzes ensure that students understand key concepts and that learning goals have been achieved.
Instructor Resources Available: Login to view Instructor Resources
- The Instructor’s Manual contains answers to:
- Pre-Lab Exercises
- Check Your Recall Exercises
- Check Your Understanding Exercises.
- All of the images from the lab manual are provided electronically:
- Images (both labeled and un-labeled) are presented at digital display resolution (150 dpi), intended for use in PowerPoint presentations.
- The computerized test bank (Wimba Diploma) is provided for instructors to create quizzes:
- Create or edit questions
- Create quizzes with a “drag-and-drop” feature
- Print quizzes for paper-based assignments
- Publish quizzes to various distance learning platforms (ANGEL, Blackboard, Desire2Learn, Moodle and generic formats such as RTF).
- The computerized test bank contains preloaded questions and images from:
- Pre-Lab Exercises
- Check Your Recall Exercises
- Check Your Understanding Exercises
- Plus 30 additional items not found in the manual per unit; 10 easy, 10 medium, and 10 challenging.
What's New in this Edition
New to this edition of Exploring Anatomy & Physiology in the Laboratory, 3e
- No additional materials are necessary to complete the required coursework.
- More than 250 new and revised figures have been included in this edition.
- Exploring Anatomy and Physiology in the Laboratory, 3e now features images of select models that your students may find in the laboratory.
- Quiz questions have been replaced and updated throughout the book.
- Pronunciation keys have been added to help students speak the “language of anatomy” in the classroom.